Thursday, April 1, 2010

OK, now the real stuff happens



So, it's coming up on two weeks since I started taking the Chantrix and boy is it interesting and does it SUCK!

The initial problem with nausea left after the first day and I was thinking, "This won't be so bad."

That is until somewhere between the second and third night when my body was entered by another version of me. Since then I've been struggling between what I know to be true. That I am healthy, in fairly decent shape and am emotionally balanced and creative with this ghost of me which has the power and directs me to be irritable, unable to go to sleep, lacking in confidence and unable to remember that there is anything that matters below my waist.

Another thing that sucks is the Mike that has taken me over isn't nearly as smart as the real one is. In fact, he's a total idiot. Everything he's telling my body to do right now is the direct opposite of what my nature is and the beliefs about life I hold.

Two and a half more months of this. Can't fucking wait. It will be a miracle if I have any friends after this.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, honey. You can do it, and I'll still be here when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, baby. It means everything in the world to me to read that. More than even you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you are a junkie and it's called withdrawl. Just kidding, kind of. It was tough for me too when I tried with Chantix. And you do have to think of yourself as a new person when you smoke as long as we do and then quit. You have to do everything different. Because now you are a non-smoker, and the old way of doing things will bring back triggers. Maybe you start bicycling every Saturday or something. WHen I quit it did wonders for my art, because I started painting more because I didn't take a break every 30 minutes to smoke a cig. Well, misery loves company, so pretty soon I'll be joining you on the no-smoking train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like you, but would prefer to not have to discuss what is below your waist. Unless you mean your schlong. We can talk about that, though if I have to hear one more time about why your college nickname was "Tripod," i'mma gonna throw up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck man. You've got it in you. ehhhp

    ReplyDelete

Hand over your own subjective musings. Do it. NOW!