Sunday, September 13, 2009

You are invited!



There is a festival of arts called WOMAD (World of Music, Art and Dance) that is held at different locations around the world. The USA version was held in Seattle and I went to it four years in a row. The economics and problems with getting work visas for musicians post-9/11 effectively ended any chance the festival had of staying afloat.

The festival was created 27 years ago outside of Box, U.K and has grown to shows in Sicily, Spain, New Zealand, Australia and of course, the U.K.

The best way I can describe it is to say I am drunk the entire weekend without touching alcohol. Stages range from the Main one and spread down throughout the area ending up with the "Under the Tree" stage which is nothing more than a microphone under a tree where you can enjoy master musicians from around the world.

In 2007 WOMAD was having a 25th anniversary festival on the grounds of Charlton Park, outside of Wiltshire, U.K. and I made good on the promise of attending it.

For the occasion I did a dedicated blog called "Feet leading a wandering mind" and contains my thoughts as well as audio and video I recorded during the trip.

So, You Are Invited to learn more about WOMAD and hopefully attend one once.

Find out more about WOMAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hand over your own subjective musings. Do it. NOW!