Friday, November 12, 2010

I have no idea why this bothers me so much


OK, first off, I use YouTube on a personal level for one thing only, their technology. I love that I can shoot whatever I feel like shooting. No narrative, no thought, just what was intended, post it, grab the embed code, and know it's gonna work no matter what most people are using to watch it. All for free. Revolutionary and democratizing ... and more ... Everyone from the kids to the Grandparents can use it, right?!

So tonight, going through email I received the following "email" from "YouTube":





















What this reminded me of, for some reason, is the pile of junk mail I will forever receive on behalf of my Mom. As her memory was beginning to fade back in Cleveland she started sending lots of "donations" straight into the bank accounts of these people who prey on the naivety, ignorance or hopes of some well-intentioned people and they are adept in any medium.

Fuckers.

1 comment:

  1. My Dad sent more than 10K to scammers before I took over his finances.

    Evil fuckers indeed. They are truly scum.

    ReplyDelete

Hand over your own subjective musings. Do it. NOW!